htc one sv, no 3g or 4g signal, no internet is working, cant save new APNs into the phone

htc one sv, no 3g or 4g signal, no internet is working, cant save new APNs into the phone

virgin supplied me with a product that does not fit the description of their sales, I cant even use the internet let alone 4g. 

Message 1 of 14 (4,705 Views)
0 Kudos
Honoured Member

Re: htc one sv, no 3g or 4g signal, no internet is working, cant save new APNs into the phone

hi we have same phones x 2 and same trouble- our internet is finally working after many calls but we still can't send or receive mms which is very annoying.  I got an sms from virgin saying your prob is all fixed which it isn't and I don't have time to sit on the phone with 2 small kids.  A guy from optus tec. dept. said virgin hasn't activated mms on our phones, Ithen spoke back to virgin who said it was all good on their end,  agree with above comment-these are grounds to return the phones not happy at all!  My apn's for internet are as follows:

Name- virgin internet

APN: yesinternet (one word) everything after that is Not Set until:

Mms protocol-wap 2.0

mcc: 505

mnc: 029

authen type: PAP.  Apn is not set. Bearer is unspecified. dont save the setting like they tell you to just hit your back button on phone face the phone saves automatically, restart phone, go to settings and select the apn you just set.

Message 2 of 14 (4,671 Views)
0 Kudos
Honoured Member

Re: htc one sv, cant send/receive mms

I've followed settings page on 4g troubleshhoting and also spoken to virgin a few times but still cant use mms.   

When editing a new apn I've noticed when I use all the settings as noted re 4g settings my phone wont save the new apn when i hit save, it saves when just entering name and APN which I then close and re-open and then completethe rest of the settings. I've noticed the phone will auto save settings when you close your settings page.

Phone automatically deletes new APN when MNC is set to 029 (same as internet setting) yet if I set MNC to 02 it will save the mms APN. 

If anyone has mms working on their phone could they please post the settings up for me to try:smileyhappy: MANY THANKS

Message 3 of 14 (4,667 Views)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: htc one sv, no 3g or 4g signal, no internet is working, cant save new APNs into the phone

Hello, have either of you had any luck with this? Have you tried the Internet, WAP & MMS settings found on this page? If you have & still haven’t been able to get your internet & MMS working, send us your info through our form & we’ll check your mobile numbers!

Cheers

Zoe

Message 4 of 14 (4,629 Views)
0 Kudos
Leader

Hi Zoe,

This is very bad customer service. Your reference to that page is just generic information. I can't believe your customer have to figure it out themself. 

Message 5 of 14 (4,544 Views)
0 Kudos
Community Manager

kh6565 wrote:

Hi Zoe,

I can't believe your customer have to figure it out themself. 

Not at all. There's also a 2nd link in the above post where the user can forward their info to us so we can give them a call for assistance.

Let us know if you'd like a hand with anything.

Message 6 of 14 (4,531 Views)
0 Kudos
Leader

Hi,

Just got the HTC One SV today and have been trying to get it work for the last 4 hours !! Called CS many times and tried a variety of settings to no avail. The SIM card works perfectly on an Samsung S3 4G (also from Virgin). Please help fix this issue once and for all.  The frustrating thing is the CS team keep suggesting the same method despite it doesn't work.

Message 7 of 14 (4,286 Views)
0 Kudos
Leader

Hi .I own htc 1sv and called virgin numerous times regarding why I cannot connect to the vibe ?.Virgin reckons that my phone is 4g it cannot download from the vibe WHY is this when Optus has the zoo and theres no problem .Can someone from virgin find out why this is so ,seems that no one knows anything from virgin.Let see if Virgin has the decentcy to give customers the correct info .Or does going to report the problem to TIO the only option!!!!
Message 8 of 14 (3,673 Views)
0 Kudos
Leader

I also own 4g htc1 sv cannot use mms internet ok but not mms how about getting this fixed please.CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM HELP.
Message 9 of 14 (3,666 Views)
0 Kudos
Leader

VIRGIN CAN YOU PLEASE GET THE MMS TO WORK ON MY HTC 4g 1sv .Customer help is getting it wrong and I'm getting so much stress which I don't need .Optus has the same phone and no problems also Vodafone,so why is virgin letting down its customers,PLEASE HELP
Message 10 of 14 (3,661 Views)
0 Kudos