I've got a Huawei P9 that recently stopped being able to focus properly using the main camera.
To reproduce the issue:
* Launch ANY camera app. (I've tried several and they all have the same issue)
* Try and take a photo of something >30cm away from the phone
* The focus will not pull sharp and will stay blurry. The phone complains that it can't get focus.
* Changing to manual focus does not change anything
* Using different camera apps doesn't change anything
* Black and white mode doesn't change anything
* Factory reset has not changed anything
* Running EMUI 4.1.1 and the phone reports no available updates
* Android 6.0
* The phone and lens are clean and do not have any plastic or coverings that would be affecting the focus
* It can focus on items <30cm away just fine. The autofocus kicks in, pulls focus and can take photos just fine.
* The front camera (lets call it the selfie cam so we know what I mean!) is fine and still focusses as expected.
Identified similar cases:
* Same issue, no resolution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/huawei-p9-eva-l19-camera-focus-problem-t3581541
* Same issue, different Huawei phone: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-9/help/camera-focus-problem-t3573647
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi Jason 2 ,
Have somone came back to you with your camara issue ?
My P9 does not want to focus in normal mode , if i switch to Monochrome the focus is perfect . i personally this its a software issue .