I've got a Huawei P9 that recently stopped being able to focus properly using the main camera.
To reproduce the issue:
* Launch ANY camera app. (I've tried several and they all have the same issue)
* Try and take a photo of something >30cm away from the phone
* The focus will not pull sharp and will stay blurry. The phone complains that it can't get focus.
* Changing to manual focus does not change anything
* Using different camera apps doesn't change anything
* Black and white mode doesn't change anything
* Factory reset has not changed anything
* Running EMUI 4.1.1 and the phone reports no available updates
* Android 6.0
* The phone and lens are clean and do not have any plastic or coverings that would be affecting the focus
* It can focus on items <30cm away just fine. The autofocus kicks in, pulls focus and can take photos just fine.
* The front camera (lets call it the selfie cam so we know what I mean!) is fine and still focusses as expected.
Identified similar cases:
* Same issue, no resolution: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/huawei-p9-eva-l19-camera-focus-problem-t3581541
* Same issue, different Huawei phone: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-9/help/camera-focus-problem-t3573647
Hello @AdrianR, thanks for all the info and for doing all that troubleshooting
By the sounds of it, we're going to need to have your phone assessed under warranty to get this camera issue fixed.