Leader
Phoenix
Accepted Solution

How can I port my number to Virgin Mobile?

Hi Virgin, I want to move over to you guys and start taking advantage of these awesome benefits http://www.virginmobile.com.au/member-benefits/ How can I get on board and port my number? 

Message 1 of 9 (3,401 Views)
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Jordan

Re: How can I port my number to Virgin Mobile?

Hi Phoenix, 

It's easy!

note: transferring your number, sometimes called 'porting' is the act of transferring your service number from one provider to another.

Before you transfer your number to Virgin Mobile Australia

We recommend you contact your existing Service Provider to find out if they'll charge you any exit fees. If they don't charge you anything, or it's an amount that you're happy to pay, then we can get started.

If you currently have phone numbers and/or any other data stored on the sim card you have with your current provider, these details/data will be lost once your service number is transferred to your new Virgin Mobile sim card.  To avoid losing these details it is recommended that you write these details down or copy them to your handset prior to requesting to transfer your number.

The name on your new Virgin Mobile account must be the same as the name of the account with your existing Service Provider - we won't be able to transfer the number.

We would love to have you on-board! 

Message 2 of 9 (3,399 Views)
0 Kudos
Honoured Member
jimbo

HI There,

just about to join Virgin. Following on from above, hw can you check if the Sim card has numbers/data etc? My current smart phone is busted and but I can connect it to my PC. just not sure how or what to copy. Can you advise?

thanks

Message 3 of 9 (3,187 Views)
0 Kudos
Shane

Hey Jimbo!

If you've got another phone handy you could try your SIM in there but, if you don't have another phone you can backup all your contacts by connecting your phone to your PC. What kind of phone do you have at the moment? If you let us know we might be able to help guiding you through the backup process :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Shane

Message 4 of 9 (3,105 Views)
0 Kudos
2rm
Honoured Member
2rm

Hi, can I do the porting online? Thanks

Message 5 of 9 (1,252 Views)
0 Kudos
Nikki

You sure can :smileyhappy:

Just log into your My Account and you'll see some quick links listed on the right hand side. Just select transfer my number and you'll be good to go.

Message 6 of 9 (1,232 Views)
0 Kudos
Nikki

[ Edited ]

Message 7 of 9 (1,231 Views)
0 Kudos
2rm
Honoured Member
2rm

Thanks, will try that.

Message 8 of 9 (1,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Nikki

Cool.

If you have any problems with it just let us know and we'll help you out.

Message 9 of 9 (1,176 Views)
0 Kudos