Generally, Virgin Mobile devices are not network locked. But if you encounter issues using a different provider's SIM in your device, here's what you should do;
1. Turn your phone/modem off – disconnect from any cables
2. Remove your Virgin SIM Card
3. Insert a non-Virgin Mobile SIM Card
4. Turn your phone/modem on
5. Your phone/modem will indicate if it is network locked.
Some common Network Locked errors are:
Contact us with the following details on hand:
1. Phone/modem Manufacturer and Model
2. Phone/modem IMEI Number: example – 350121212121211212
The team will provide you with a network unlock code and the steps to enter this code into your device. Once the code is entered, it can take from 15 minutes to 48 hours for your device to completely unlock.
In the rare case that the network unlock code for your device is unavailable, it may take up to 5 business day for your code to be retrieved from the manufacturer.